At recent meetings we have discussed the following:
* 20 mph speed limits
* The bioisphere project
* Healthy walks in the Triangle area
* The Triangle food project
* Joint activities with University of Sussex students to improve the Lewes Road area
* Harris Fitch outlined a project to change derelict buildings across the city for social and community use.
* Report on a project for more trees in the area
* Cllr Ian Davey on a £4m grant to improve the Lewes Road.
* Damien Marmura of City Clean came to talk about cleaning and rubbish collection
* We discussed the On our Doorsteps project with with Brighton University, and where to go next
* Organising the big lunch this year
* Taking care of the plants and tubs that the group have introduced along the Lewes Road
* Community Shop or People's Supermarket - what kind of shops do we need in the Triangle area?
* Trust for Developing Communities - assessing community needs across the city
* The Level - Local issues and the consultation
Over on the right of the website see details of future meetings.
Local history group meets first Tuesday each month
Due to popular demand our meetings have now moved from Mondays to the first Tuesday of the month. Do come along! They will be in The Bugle pub, St Martins Street. We have some interesting projects to discuss, a list of free history sessions to attend and somne new funding options.
Free University Brighton
Do you enjoy learning but find courses expensive? Perhaps you’ve struggled to find a course for what you want to learn? Here’s a solution…. the Free University Brighton, educational events run by the community, for the community. And all for FREE.
Here’s how it works….
1. If you can teach something to others and are willing to do this for love, not for money, contact us and we will advertise it here
2. If you enjoy learning, you can search this website for educational events and simply book your place
3. If you can’t find what you want, let us know and we’ll advertise for someone who can teach that very thing (no promises though)
4. If you think this is a great idea, then tell everyone – the more people know about it, the more free education there will be.
Participant in local Triangle activities, Rose offers clothes alterations and repairs, custom-made garments, curtains and more! She can be contacted on 01273 600327 and
Lost Triangle Cat
Please look out for Woodrow, missing from Aberdeen Road for a few weeks. Have you seen him? If so, call Emmett on 07917407089.